purdylola draws is where I keep my illustrations and archive the artists who inspire me. You can also find me here at Purdylola Loves for more general musings on art, music and fashion.

Friday 10 April 2009

Moving on

After a year studying Fashion and Textiles at Liverpool John Moores University and being more confused than ever about what kind of artist I was or ever wanted to be, I eventually found my way onto the second year of Graphic Arts also at John Moores. I approached the course with great enthusiasm and particularly enjoyed the challenges and boundaries of working to a brief, something that I still need now to be able to motivate myself. The images below were created in response to a brief that asked us to document and promote an area that was familiar to us (or something like that, it was some time ago). I chose the Northern Quarter in my home town of Manchester celebrating in particular the recent boom the area had experienced as galleries, cafes, streetwear shops and boutiques had moved in, but also referencing its historical roots and former glory as Manchester's shopping centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...