purdylola draws is where I keep my illustrations and archive the artists who inspire me. You can also find me here at Purdylola Loves for more general musings on art, music and fashion.

Thursday 16 April 2009

A Woman's Place

Phew, finally made it to the last of my degree posts. It's been rather nerve wracking revisiting work that is almost a decade old as I can't help but see the dozens of details that I would change if I was to do it all over again. Still, I suppose it's been quite useful too. I remember leaving the course wondering whether Graphics had been the right choice especially as it seemed almost impossible to find work in the industry but considering I still choose to work with image and text now, well I guess it was.
This project was in response to a brief I wrote myself which once again tackled issues that concerned women. The interior of the doll's house which was specially built was filled with political feminist graphics, furniture and cut outs of Barbie and Ken dolls from the 50s. I then photographed the piece and made them into a set of postcards. This is definitely one of those pieces that I see now and cringe a little as it all feels a bit clichéd and naive. Anyhoo, you live and learn.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...