purdylola draws is where I keep my illustrations and archive the artists who inspire me. You can also find me here at Purdylola Loves for more general musings on art, music and fashion.

Tuesday 20 April 2010

Mount Pleasant

Looking forward to the Mount Pleasant Exhibition which is also acting as the Official 'Sounds from the Other City' opening ceremony at Islington Mill in Salford on Friday 30th April. The exhibition promises to feature original posters, record covers, prints and illustrations by Manchester-based illustrators David Bailey and Lucy Jones also known as 'Mount Pleasant'. David's work in particular is the sort that you sub-consciously notice everywhere in bars, clubs and in the shops around Oldham Street without ever realising that it's by the same person. Fortunately David and Lucy have neatly arranged their excellent creations on a website here so now when I think I spy a Bailey, I can go there and check if I'm right.



David Bailey













Lucy Jones






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...