purdylola draws is where I keep my illustrations and archive the artists who inspire me. You can also find me here at Purdylola Loves for more general musings on art, music and fashion.

Sunday 15 November 2009

BERLIN * BARCELONA * NEW YORK

Whenever I travel I try to be disciplined and keep a visual diary. Admittedly this tends to take the format of rough drawings, notes and found ephemera while I'm actually away, ready to be refined and finished once I am home. This is partly because drawing on location can be a tricky business depending on the weather or the amount of nosy tourists around, usually though it's because I'm just too busy enjoying myself! Below are some pages from the visual journal that I started in Berlin when I was there earlier in the year. Quite typically I nowhere near filled the sketchbook so I've decided to add to it when I go to Barcelona and New York in a few months time. I'm hoping that this journal will provide me with some fresh inspiration as I am keen to head in a new direction with my Masters work in the new year.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...