purdylola draws is where I keep my illustrations and archive the artists who inspire me. You can also find me here at Purdylola Loves for more general musings on art, music and fashion.

Thursday 6 January 2011

The Rime of the Modern Mariner

I have finally got around to finishing this poster after coming back to it on a number of occasions. As a bit of a departure from my usual gig posters (though there is a musical link) this poster is my response to an amazing film I had the honour to see at it's premiere in London last April. The documentary film 'The Rime of the Modern Mariner' which was written and directed by my sister-in-law's boyfriend Mark Donne is an ode to mariners both past and present that worked and still work the docklands of East London. The film also happens to be narrated by Mark's good friend Carl Barat (The Libertines, Dirty Pretty Things) and the score composed by Anthony Rossomando

The poster was fairly painstakingly put together in Illustrator which I'm still quite new to. Here are some of the details below.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...