purdylola draws is where I keep my illustrations and archive the artists who inspire me. You can also find me here at Purdylola Loves for more general musings on art, music and fashion.

Saturday 26 September 2009

Where is my mind....

I've been scribbling away in my journal a lot recently trying to make sense of all my ideas. One thing I have established is that as per usual I am overwhelmed with inspiration. Admittedly I am a total image junkie, my picture files at home and at work are brimming with images gathered from all over the place, I have actually had to limit myself to only visiting FFFFound once a week as I fear my laptop can't take much more (note to self: must get an external hard-drive) and with just about everyone having a blog nowadays opportunities to spy bucketloads of visual loveliness are endless. Anyway back to the point, I have decided to make a piece that in some way celebrates all the things that inspire me, new and old, contemporary and classic. I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to make yet but I do have a brilliant old mannequin that is begging to be drawn on so watch this space.

A thought that goes through my mind A LOT when I begin a new piece......




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...