purdylola draws is where I keep my illustrations and archive the artists who inspire me. You can also find me here at Purdylola Loves for more general musings on art, music and fashion.

Friday 3 July 2009

Maker's Palette

After discovering Lazertran (a really effective transfer medium) I have applied some of my monoprints and drawings onto both paper and ceramic plates ready for the Maker's Palette exhibition at MMU. I'm pretty happy with the results although inevitably there are some that I like more than others. My favourite is probably the Sweeney Todd plate as it reminds me of that amazing scene in the film where suddenly the screen is filled with colour, in total contrast to everything that comes before and after. I also rather like the second seaside plate mainly because it gave me an excuse to include a candy stripe paper bag in the collage. I'm a little obsessed with these bags, they are just so joyful. As for other folks, well they seem to like the teacup plate the best.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...