purdylola draws is where I keep my illustrations and archive the artists who inspire me. You can also find me here at Purdylola Loves for more general musings on art, music and fashion.

Saturday 20 February 2010

Barcelona

Just back from a quick trip to Barcelona. Inspiring as ever, Gaudi, Miro, Picasso and of course the endless graffiti and flypostering that can be seen down the backstreets and walkways. Bearing in mind I already have hundreds of similar photographs I tried not to get carried away, however I can't help but stop and stare every time I pass a particularly lovely arrangement of torn posters and neon lettering, each composition framed within a doorway or shuttered window. It made me think a lot about my new project and whether it might be interesting to post some of my posters in public spaces and return to them once they have been pasted over and battered by the weather.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...