purdylola draws is where I keep my illustrations and archive the artists who inspire me. You can also find me here at Purdylola Loves for more general musings on art, music and fashion.

Sunday 21 November 2010

Beach House

This is the poster I made to commemorate the Beach House gig at Manchester Cathedral. It was an incredible show in a truly stunning setting so it only seemed right to use one of my photographs and to let the incredible scene speak for itself. The glowing cones that rose up behind Victoria, Alex & co. lighting the smoke as it drifted up into the gothic arches was a sight that I hope to never forget. Hopefully with a bit of tweeking on Photoshop and some simple text I have managed to capture that ethereal scene.

Original Photograph (below).



Final poster (below).






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...