purdylola draws is where I keep my illustrations and archive the artists who inspire me. You can also find me here at Purdylola Loves for more general musings on art, music and fashion.

Monday 1 March 2010

Nicholas Saunders

It really is a small world. Whilst at Hot Bed Press I noticed some work lying around by one of my favourite screen printers Nicholas Saunders. I first noticed his work when it was used in a couple of Howies catalogues such as the Three Bays edition (below) and looked him up on the internet to find he was a bit of a screen printer extraordinaire (Nicholas Saunders website here). Anyway it turns out that he's a local lad and in fact went to the same high school as me. He now resides in London and in 2007 was voted as one of the top ten hot UK illustrators by the Independent.








It seems the hype certainly paid off as he was recently commissioned by Warner Brothers to produce art work for the new Harry Potter film (see below). Inspiring stuff!








Read more at Creative Review here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...